These soft, sweet, and tender red peppers are stuffed with allowable protein options during the HCG diet. Red peppers have been shown to boost metabolism as well as suppress appetite. Over time, this effect might give you an extra edge when it comes to weight loss.
- 6 medium-sized red peppers
- 100 grams of chopped chicken breast
- 1 medium-sized chopped onion
- Small knob of butter
- 30 grams of bread crumbs
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, shelled and chopped
- 45 grams of finely grated Cheddar cheese
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste to taste
- To make the filling, put the bacon, onion and a tablespoon of olive oil in a frying pan and cook gently until the onion is tender.
- Take off the heat and stir in breadcrumbs, chopped egg, half the cheese and some seasoning.
- Set the oven to 350°F and cut the tops off the peppers and pull out the cores and seeds.
- Rinse them well. Slice a little off the bottom of the red peppers and stand them in a roasting tin.
- Spoon the filling into the peppers and sprinkle with the rest of the cheese.
- Cover loosely with foil and bake for 45 mins.
- Remove the foil and cook for another 10 mins, to brown the tops.