Fish meats are one of the permissible protein sources in the HCG diet. It also provides loads of other nutrients such as selenium, phosphorus, magnesium, vitamins B12 and B6, potassium, and omega-3 fatty acids. Due to these nutrients, fish meat can help reduce complications caused by obesity such as heart disease and metabolic syndrome. Here’s a fish recipe for the second phase of the HCG diet.
- 100 grams of Halibut (protein serving for HCG diet phase 2)
- Freshly squeezed juice of 1 lemon
- 2 teaspoons of fresh dill, to taste
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- A dash of garlic powder
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- Weigh the Halibut meat raw and ensure it’s 100 grams.
- Lay the halibut on a sheet of tin foil.
- Bend the edges of the tin foil up around the sides of the fish to prevent spilling.
- Drizzle the fish with lemon zest, juice, fresh dill, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Place on the barbeque and cook until the fish starts to fall apart. Avoid using cooking oil, butter, and any form of grease.