Breakfast Casserole Ingredients:
12 ounces of chicken sausage
4 whole eggs
12 egg whites
2 Chili peppers
½ red bell pepper, diced
1 cup skim milk
1 teaspoon of olive oil
2 cloves of minced garlic
½ medium-sized onion, diced
½ cup chopped green onion
½ teaspoon onion powder
½ teaspoon garlic powder
4 oz of low-fat grated cheddar cheese
2 tablespoons of chopped cilantro
1 teaspoon of hot sauce
Salt and pepper to taste
Sour cream to garnish
- Preheat oven to 350
- . Roast the chili peppers and place them on an open flame. If you do not want to use the oven, you can use the stovetop for gas burner. Turn the pepper frequently making sure that all sides are charred black.
- Let it cool and peel the skin off. Cut it lengthwise and remove the seeds.
- Grease a baking dish and lay the pepper evenly across the bottom.
- Cook chicken sausage while breaking it apart in a pan over medium heat. Remove from heat and scoop over the chili pepper.
- Using the same pan, add oil and sauté onion and bell peppers over medium heat until onion is well done. Add garlic and stir for a minute.
- Spoon the mixture over the sausage.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk the eggs, hot sauce, milk, garlic and onion powder, chili powder together. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour the mixture into the baking dish. See that you coat all the ingredients.
- Add cheddar cheese and bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown.