Modify your recipe and explore the permissible foods to avoid a feeling of deprivation during the VLCD. Asparagus is a fiber-rich vegetable that is permissible in all phases of the HCG diet. Here’s a new recipe for asparagus to add an extra treat.
- 5 stems of asparagus
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon of paprika
- ½ teaspoon of black pepper
- ½ teaspoon of onion powder
- ½ teaspoon of dried basil and thyme
- ½ teaspoon of oregano (approved cooking herbs for HCG diet)
- A pinch of cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon of garlic powder
- Mix all of the seasonings in a small bowl.
- Wash and lay the asparagus out on a foil lined baking sheet.
- Brush the stems with the lemon juice.
- Sprinkle the seasoning mix on top of the stems.
- Cook in a 425-degree oven for approximately 8-10 minutes.
NOTE: This recipe is for one serving only, cooking too much may add to the caloric amount of the recipe. Avoid using other ingredients that are not permissible on the HCG diet.