Cucumber makes an amazingly refreshing sushi base. Rather than stuffing sushi fillings into the cucumber, you can load it with stuffing it with all the making for Greek salad, then simply roll it. You can make this recipe during the second phase of the HCG diet to give a little twist to the low-calorie meal.
- 1 medium-sized cucumber
- ½ cup plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 clove of minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon fresh dill chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ finely chopped bell pepper
- ¼ cup diced red onion
- ¼ cup crumbled feta cheese
How to Prepare?
- Peel thin slices of cucumber (lengthwise)
- Set slices on a few layers of paper towels and cover with a few more. Pat to dry and let sit while you make the greek sauce.
- To make the sauce, combine yogurt, lemon, garlic, dill, salt, and pepper.
- Spread some tzatziki onto a cucumber slice.
- Add pepper, onion, and feta as toppings.
- Roll up and secure with a toothpick. Continue until you have used all your ingredients.