As per the original protocol of the HCG diet, lean pork meat is one of the permissible protein options if beef and chicken are not available. Lean pork meat is permissible in phase 3 of the HCG diet. It is a protein-rich option and it is also a good source of vitamins and minerals like phosphorus, selenium, and thiamine.
Ingredients for the Pork:
• 100 grams of lean pork meat
• 2 teaspoons of salt
• ½ teaspoon of black pepper
• 1 teaspoon of ground cumin
• 1 teaspoon of chili powder
• 2 tablespoons of olive oil
Ingredients for the Glaze:
• ½ cup packed dark brown sugar
• 2 tablespoons of finely chopped garlic
• 1 tablespoon Tabasco
Ingredients for the Vinaigrette
• 3 tablespoons of fresh lime juice
• 1 tablespoon of fresh orange juice
• 1 tablespoon of Dijon mustard
• 1 teaspoon of toasted curry powder
• ½ teaspoon of salt and black pepper
• ½ cup of olive oil
Ingredients for the Salad
• 3 navel oranges
• 6 cups of chopped baby spinach (rich in fiber)
• 1 medium size cabbage
• ½ cup golden raisins
• 1/2 cup golden raisins
• Preheat the oven to 350°F.
• Stir together salt, pepper, cumin, chili powder, and cinnamon, then coat pork with spice rub.
• Heat oil in an ovenproof 12-inch heavy skillet over moderately high heat until just beginning to smoke, then brown pork. Leave pork in skillet.
How to Make the Glaze and Roast Pork?
• Stir together brown sugar, garlic, and Tabasco and pat onto top of each tenderloin.
• Roast in the middle of the oven for about 20 minutes.
• Let pork stand in the skillet at room temperature for 10 minutes.
How to Make the Vinaigrette While Pork Roasts?
• Whisk together juices, mustard, curry powder, salt, and pepper.
• Add oil in a stream, whisking until emulsified.
Preparing the Salad Ingredients While Pork Stands
• Cut peel, including white pith, then cut oranges crosswise into 1/4-inch-thick slices.
• Toss spinach, cabbage, bell pepper, and raisins in a large bowl with about ¼ cup vinaigrette.
• Cut pork into ½ inch-thick slices.
• Line a large platter with dressed salad and arrange sliced pork, and oranges in rows on the top, and drizzle some vinaigrette.