Benefits of Soup on Phase 2 of the HCG Diet
In addition to helping you lose weight quickly, soup diets may offer additional benefits, including increased vegetable intake, guilt-free delicious treats, and they can also boost hydration. Soups are high in volume but very low in calories. That is why it goes hand in hand with the HCG diet.
- 100 grams of cooked chicken breast, shredded into bite-sized
- 3 to 4 cloves of minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon cayenne (optional)
- Diced tomato
- 2-3 cups of homemade chicken broth
How to Prepare?
- Preheat pot over medium-high heat.
- Add garlic, and cook for 3-5minutes
- Heat until you see little bubbles around the garlic
- Use a bit of your broth to keep the garlic from sticking to the pot.
- Add chicken broth, tomatoes, and onion powder, cumin, chili powder, cayenne.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer, and add chicken.
- Simmer for 20 minutes. Stir in cilantro, and simmer for 5 minutes more.