Turn taco night into a vegetarian feast with cauliflower tacos. This recipe is inspired by the classic Mexican dish with a twist. Seasoned with permissible ingredients and spices will make your Phase 3 on the HCG diet a rewarding one. Try this guilt-free recipe that everyone can enjoy, no matter their diet.
Ingredients: Roasted Cauliflower Tacos
- 1 medium-size cauliflower (cut into florets)
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of fresh lime juice and some wedges
- A small amount of honey
- 1 tablespoon of tomato paste
- Chili powder
- ½ tablespoon of ground coriander
- ½ tablespoon of ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon of cayenne
- Small tortillas (scorched)
- Spicy taco slaw
- Prepare all the ingredients and heat the oven to 425°F.
- In a large bowl mix the lime juice, a small amount of honey, and olive oil altogether.
- Whisk in tomato paste and then spices and ½ teaspoon of salt.
- Add cauliflower and toss to coat. Arrange on a rimmed baking sheet and roast until golden brown and tender.
- Spoon cauliflower into tortillas and top with slaw. Serve with lime wedges and cilantro.