One 2 to 3 lbs. chicken
2 teaspoons of minced thyme
Unsalted butter (Optional for phase 3)
Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven at 450ºF.
- Rinse whole chicken and pat dry inside out with paper towels.
- Add salt and pepper in the inside cavity and truss the chicken. Place the chicken breast-side up and then pass the string under the neck in the chicken’s front. Run the string towards the wings and legs.
- Put your thumbs on the wings to tuck them as you tighten the string so the wings firmly touch the body.
- Add salt and pepper to the chicken and place it in a roasting pan.
- Place the chicken in the oven and roast it until it’s done around 50 to 60 minutes.
- Remove it from the oven, then sprinkle the thyme on top. Baste the chicken with the chicken juices and let it sit for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, you can remove the string and serve it.