1 pound breakfast sausage
1 egg, beaten
6 hard-boiled eggs
¼ cup flour
4 tablespoons oil
1 ½ cup bread crumbs
- Preheat oven at 350.
- Divide the breakfast sausage into 6 portions or according to the number of hard-boiled eggs you have and how thick the sausage layer you want.
- Flatten the sausage portion into patties with a rolling pin and wrap each egg fully.
- Once the balls are formed, roll them in flour, then in egg wash, then in bread crumbs.
- Heat oil in a pan over medium heat. Once hot, reduce heat to medium-low and place the balls in oils.
- Brown all the sides then transfer to a cookie tray.
- Baked for 20 to 40 minutes or depending on how thick your sausage layer is.
- Remove from the oven, let it cool a bit, then serve warm.