Shrimps are one of the healthiest seafood for weight loss. It contains protein that promotes fullness and curbs your hunger during the VLCD. It is one of the approved food choices during the HCG diet program. For phase 2, you can eat up to 200 grams of protein per day or 100 grams per meal.
Ingredients: Shrimp Ceviche
- 2 lbs of peeled shrimp
- ¾ cup of fresh lemon juice
- 2 cups of freshly squeezed limes
- 1 tablespoon of minced garlic
- Mild to medium finely chopped pepper
- 1 finely chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons of hot sauce
- 3 large chopped tomato
- 1 medium-sized cucumber (diced)
- Fresh chopped cilantro
- ½ cup chopped parsley
- Salt and ground pepper to taste
- Wash the shrimp, and ensure that the tail and shell are removed.
- Bring a pot of water to boil and cook the shrimp for a minute or two until it turns opaque white and reddish
- Rinse shrimp under cold water. Cut the large shrimp into smaller chunks.
- In a bowl, combine the juices of lemons you can also use a ziplock.
- Add the shrimp and cover bowl and refrigerate for 30 minutes to marinade.
- Add to shrimp the hot sauce, garlic, onion, and pepper, and mix properly.
- Refrigerate again for 30 minutes to infuse the flavor.
- Before serving, toss in a bowl the marinated shrimp mixture, parsley, tomatoes, cilantro, and cucumbers.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.