During the loading phase, eat as much food as you can to ensure that your fat stores are ready for the fat-burning phase. The food choices on phase 1 of the HCG diet are not limited. But, it is highly recommended to eat fatty foods for 2 days. Try cooking a skillet chicken potpie. This recipe only contains 336 calories.
- 1 pound cooked and shredded chicken
- 2 cups of low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons of all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 8 ounces of sliced cremini mushrooms
- 6 cloves of minced garlic
- 1 ½ cups frozen carrots and peas
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 1 tablespoon of fresh thyme leaves for garnish
- ½ teaspoon ground pepper
- One 7-ounce prepared pie crust
- 1 lightly beaten egg white
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Whisk 1 and ½ cups of broth and flour in a medium bowl and set aside
- Heat oil in a cast-iron or oven-safe nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the mushrooms and cook until golden brown.
- Reduced the heat to medium and add the garlic, and onion, cook for 6 minutes and stir in the remaining cup broth.
- Stir in the reserved broth flour mixture, peas and carrots, sage, thyme, salt, and pepper.
- Bring to a boil while stirring constantly and reduce heat and cook until the vegetables are tender.
- Remove from heat and add the chicken while stirring.
- Lay the pie crust over the chicken mixture and fold the edges as needed.
- Cut four 4-inch slits in the crust to allow steam to escape. Brush with egg white.
- Bake until the crust is golden and the filling is bubbly before serving. Garnish it with some thyme spring.