Spinach basil pesto is a protein and fiber-rich meal for HCG diet phase 2. Each cup of spinach contains a gram of protein which helps maintain satiety. Fiber, on the other hand, plays a big role in a diet as it reduces cholesterol levels and aids in achieving a healthy weight. You can also have this recipe in case you experience constipation during the VLCD phase.
• A cup of baby spinach
• A handful of fresh basil
• 3 fresh garlic cloves
• 1 ½ tablespoon of apple cider vinegar
• 1 freshly squeezed lemon juice
• ¼ teaspoon of oregano
• Seasalt and black pepper
• 100 grams of lean chicken meat
• Place the apple cider vinegar, lemon juice, oregano, sea salt, and pepper into a small bowl. Stir or whisk until well combined, and set aside.
• Place the spinach, fresh basil, and garlic cloves into a food processor to chop.
• Slowly add the vinegar and lemon juice mixture while the food processor or blender is running.
• Stop and scrape the edges of the container to get all the pesto mixture towards the bottom.
• Pulse a few more times until it becomes a paste-like texture.
• Trim any visible fat from the chicken meat. Season the chicken meat with approved HCG spices.
• Grill or bake the chicken but avoid putting oils or fat.
• Cook the chicken until it reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
• Place the cooked chicken breast on top of the spinach pesto. Season with salt and pepper and it’s ready to serve.