Spinach is one of the permissible vegetables during the second phase of the HCG diet. It provides protein, iron, vitamins, and minerals. Spinach also improves blood glucose control in people with diabetes, lowering the risk of cancer, and improving bone health. Combined with lean chicken meat, they make a combination of fiber and protein-rich meals.
- 100 grams of Chicken breast
- 2 cups Spinach
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- 4 cloves of minced garlic
- 3 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 cups chicken broth or water
- 1 teaspoon of oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon of thyme
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- 1 dash of cayenne pepper
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 pinch of black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350 °F.
- Cover chicken with wax paper & use a mallet to flatten chicken to about ¼ inch thick.
- Cook spinach, onion, garlic, lemon juice, and spices in a medium saucepan for 3 -5 minutes. Wait until spinach wilts & spices are fragrant.
- Drain liquid and place ¼ of spinach mixture on one end of each chicken breast.
- Roll it up and secure it with a toothpick. Place in a baking dish and add chicken broth to the dish.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until chicken juices run clear.
NOTE: You can also make Spinach Chicken Roll for Phase 3 and 4 of the HCG diet.