Phase 1 of the HCG diet is known as the loading days or when dieters are allowed to eat foods as much as they want to. The purpose of the loading phase is to prepare the body and fat stores for VLCD. Dieters are encouraged to load more on fatty foods or full-fat organic products. Here’s a delicious treat for your loading phase:
Ingredients: Swedish Meatballs
- 2 tablespoon rapeseed oil
- 1 medium size onion that is finely chopped
- 1 grated garlic clove
- 50 grams of fine fresh breadcrumbs
- 300 ml of low salt beef stock you can also use plain hot water
- ½ tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 100 to 200 grams of minced pork meat
- 1 medium egg yolk
- Grating of nutmeg
- Two tablespoons of fat-free natural yogurt
- 400 grams of shredded spring greens
- Lingonberry or cranberry sauce
- Put one tablespoon of rapeseed oil in a frying pan over medium heat.
- Add the onion and fry for 10 mins or until soft and translucent.
- Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute and leave to cool.
- Mix the cooled onions, pork mince, egg yolk, nutmeg, and breadcrumbs in a bowl with your hands until well combined.
- Form into balls and chill for 15 minutes.
- Heat the remaining oil in a frying pan and fry the meatballs over medium heat until golden brown.
- Pour over the stock and bubble until it has reduced a little. Stir through the mustard and yogurt.
- Steam the greens for five mins or until tender and serve the meatballs along with the green and the sauce.