Veal is a good source of the essential minerals potassium and phosphorus, as well as the b-vitamin niacin. Veal is the better choice for low-calorie and low-fat diets, especially for the HCG Diet. For phase 3 of the HCG diet, you can start increasing your calorie intake. Veal Parmesan is a fit recipe for the stabilization phase of the HCG diet.
- 150 grams of lean veal (rich in protein)
- ¼ teaspoon of dried oregano
- 8 ounces of tomato sauce
- ⅛ tsp fine sea salt
- ⅛ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 Grissini breadstick
- Trim any visible fat off the meat.
- Season both sides of the veal with fine sea salt and black pepper.
- Preheat a non-stick pan or grill to medium heat.
- When the pan or grill is warm add the veal.
- Once the veal is ready flip and allows the other sides to sear.
- Continue to cook until the meat has reached an internal temperature. You can cook it for medium rare, medium, and well done.
- Place a small pot on the stove over medium heat, while the veal is cooking.
- Add the tomato sauce, basil, and oregano and stir well.
- Once the veal is cooked, pour the tomato sauce over the veal.
- Place a Grissini breadstick into a zip-top bag and crush until it is the consistency of breadcrumbs.
- Sprinkle the crushed Grissini breadstick on top and serve warm.