This is a vegetarian treat during the HCG diet program. It is perfect for a cold day or when dealing with your cravings during the VLCD. A serving of this recipe contains 160 calories, which is ideal for Phase 1 and Phase 3 of the HCG diet.
Ingredients: Vegetable Stelline Soup
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 large diced onion
- 1 large diced carrots
- 2 stalks of celery (diced)
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped or crushed
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon of finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 100 grams of Stelline pasta
- 5 cups of vegetable stock
- 100 grams of baby spinach
- Juice half a lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the olive oil and sauté the chopped carrot, onion, and celery in a pot for five minutes.
- When the veggies have softened slightly, stir in the garlic, thyme, and rosemary and continue to cook for another minute until fragrant.
- Stir in the Stelline and vegetable stock and bring to a boil. Lower the heat and simmer for ten minutes until the Stelline softens. Ensure the pasta doesn’t stick to the bottom of the pot.
- Add the baby spinach and lemon juice, then continue to simmer with a lid on for three minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve on its own or with your favorite Grissini breadsticks or Melba toast.