2 medium-sized zucchini
100 grams shrimp, peeled and deveined
1 tablespoon of chopped fresh basil
2 teaspoons of garlic, minced
2 tablespoons of diced white onion
2 teaspoons of minced jalapeño
2 tablespoons of canned tomatoes, diced
½ teaspoon of lemon zest, freshly grated
½ teaspoon of salt
- Soak zucchini for 20 minutes in a large bowl filled with cold water. Drain and rinse.
- Put a large pot of water on the stove to boil. Add zucchini, and when the water begins to boil again, place it on a cooling rack.
- Trim off the end of the zucchini and slice it into half lengthwise. Remove the seed and flesh without cutting the skin. Leave about ¼ inch thick wall around the entire zucchini.
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Chop deveined shrimp into pea-sized pieces.
- Mix chopped shrimp, diced tomatoes, white onion, minced jalapeño, lemon zest, garlic, basil, and salt in a large bowl.
- Grease a shallow pan with some oil. Add zucchini boats and stuff each boat with the shrimp mixtures until healing.
- Bake for at least 8 minutes. Remove from oven and let it stand for 5 minutes before serving.