HCG can help you lose weight when combined with a very low calorie diet. It resets your hypothalamus gland causing your body to use the “Abnormal Fats” as a source of energy. However, a high level of stress can interfere with this process. High level of stress can counteract the effects of the hormone causing your body to put on weight.
Unexpected Ways Stress Can Cause Weight Gain
- Stress decreases your metabolism. When you are stressed, your body reacts to stress by acting as if foods won’t be available in the future. This causes your metabolism and fat burning ability to slow down.
- Stress provides for a more fat storage. Your body assumes that there’s a lack of food so it begins to store fats.
- Stress can lead to an unhealthy craving. People who are always stressed become emotional eaters. This leads to relapses into addictions, excessive drinking of alcohol and food cravings.
Reasons for Keeping Stress Level Low on the HCG Diet
- Stress often leads to diarrhea, bloating, pain and constipation due to physiological effects.
- Stress can interfere with the HCG hormone causing an immune problem. This is because when you are stressed your body releases new hormone that interferes with the ones that you have injected.
- Stress can lead to bad eating habits.
- The HCG hormone could alter your blood pressure when you are stressed.
- High level of stress can cause severe skin disorder.
Some tips to help decrease stress while on the HCG Diet
- Exercise: Exercise is a great way to decrease stress. It releases a certain hormone that can make you feel happy.
- Eat only the approved HCG Diet foods: The HCG diet foods can make you feel more relaxed. Just be creative with coming up with different mouth-watering menus using only the approved HCG diet foods and spices.
- Meditate: Meditation relaxes both your body and mind. So take a few minutes every day to sit and clear your mind.
- Make time for yourself: NO matter how busy you are, make time for yourself. A few minutes of your time can make a huge difference in your ability to deal with your day.
- Learn how to respond to stress positively.
- Be happy. The very low calorie diet can be pretty tough and challenging. But if you will have an easier time if you can change your attitude. Be happy and positive all the time.