Chicken is an excellent source of lean protein and also a good source of vitamin B, vitamin D, iron, zinc, and calcium. You can have as much creamy chicken with asparagus on phase 1 of the HCG diet to prepare your fat stores.
- 1 tablespoon rapeseed oil
- 150 grams of skinless chicken breast
- 10 medium asparagus spears
- 2 small leeks
- 3 sliced celery sticks
- 200ml low-salt vegetable bouillon
- 100 grams of frozen peas
- 1 egg yolk
- 4 tablespoons of yogurt
- 1 grated garlic clove
- ⅓ small pack of fresh tarragon
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan and fry the chicken breast until both sides are brown.
- Add the asparagus, celery, and chopped leeks, pour in the bouillon, and simmer for 10 mins.
- Add the asparagus tips and peas, and cook for additional five minutes.
- Stir the egg yolk with the yogurt and garlic.
- Stir the yogurt mixture into the vegetables and add the tarragon.
- Divide between two warm plates, then place the chicken on top of the vegetables.