The second phase of the HCG diet permits soup recipes as long as you control the ingredients and stick to permissible choices. A soup recipe can be a great combination of protein sources and fiber. A meal loaded with protein and fiber can boost metabolism and suppress hunger.
- 100 grams Shrimp weighed raw (Rich in protein)
- 1 cup of chopped tomatoes
- ¼ cup of water
- 2 finely chopped garlic cloves
- A pinch of cumin and oregano
- ½ of a medium-sized cabbage (Rich in fiber)
- 1 pinch of Cayenne pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon of green onions to garnish
- Salt & pepper to taste
How to Prepare?
- Combine all ingredients in a small saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 7-10 minutes, adding water as needed.
- Add shrimp and cook an additional 4-7 minutes on low heat until shrimp is cooked.
- Add the cabbage and bring it to boil
- Garnish with green onions if desired and serve.
- For a smoother tomato soup, you can puree or pulse the tomatoes and spices in a blender before adding the shrimp.